Thursday, January 17, 2013

Teething wakes Zen

It's hard to image that teething from a one year old child can bring you serenity (and Zen inspired home). But it's true! Of course there's a way to get to this. 

I won't describe how can child be nervous and how long can mother carry her baby in arms (mothers knows it best), but I'm mentioning this because that's what precedes whole Zen experience. So, after whole morning of carrying my one year old boy I recall a FB profile photo of my friend coming from massage in a cope (thinking, boy I need a massage). Then it triggers me! I put on a relaxing music, meditation CD, turn off TV, light candles and aroma lamp, start to breathe deeper and let go "to do" list from my head. Five minutes after that (carrying is still on), Roko fall asleep.

The point is that your home decoration is not enough to fell Zen. You have to be calm and relaxed to feel it. Make a mood for it (do as I did with a music, candles or aroma lamps), with some pictures or quotes on the wall that will occasionally remind you to keep calm.

Thanks God for teething! ;-)

Iva

www.etsy.com, few years ago (hope you'll find the same, I think this is the author)

Aren't they beautiful! My orchid.



No comments:

Post a Comment