Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Energy that you leave behind...

What makes a great man?


I came upon that question after I already had an answer... I felt it by the energy of one great architect and his wife left. It all began when I had to find a place to organize one party for promotion of a new issue of one very cool lifestyle magazine. And talking to a also one cool guy,  he suggested my one special place. I just knew it was the right location 'cause every time I was driving there, I saw that villa with such nice natural garden decorated with beautiful modern art sculptures that just drag you to go and see it. The opportunity was finally here...

But this vibe just came along when I stepped inside the house. It was a house of Vjenceslav Richter and his wife Nada  Kareš Richter that generously donated their home to the city of Zagreb; and Museum of Modern Art is now in charge of it. Home they where living, art they done is now open to all people who wants to see it, their garden also open to people who spent their day in a beautiful environment with a view on the City, what a great thing they have done...

So in the middle of the night, when the party was going on and people had a great time drinking cocktails and enjoying, I remember what the cool guy from the beginning of the story told me about that barbecue in the garden that was built there, it was actually made when Igor Stravinsky came to visit Mr. Richter, that they could barbecue together, and suddenly so much joy overcame me, I feel so good that we had the opportunity to be in the same place where they had their private conversations and done so many great things... And then it kicks me, your home, your place, to give to the other generations to enjoy it and see the things you have done, man, you live forever. And that's how I know now what makes a great man in the sense of sharing you home. Generosity, sharing, giving you art to the community to learn and cherish.

So I want to give an honor to a great man and his wife who lived their lives the way they wanted and shared their legacy.

Few days ago, I walked the street and saw in the window of a local library - it was dedicated to a great architect that lived in the neighborhood, Vjenceslav Richter, architect, sculptor and many more with arts spread from London to NYC, and his legacy; ARTkvART - art in our neighborhood. It was the moment I knew I have to write this. Because I learned the thing I want to share with you... 

Open you soul and home, show your art and the thing you do. Be generous, you'll feel good and have fun, share it and someone will care for it, trust me... 

Sculpture in the garden of the house

Always above his time..
Richter's pavilion at Expo 58 in Brussels


Richter's art
Mr. Richter, thank you...

P.s. If you're visiting Zagreb and want to see it contact: ZBIRKA RICHTER

No comments:

Post a Comment