Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Balcony

Do you use your balcony with it's full capacity? Or you never think about it as a potential living area? When you live in a small flat and have balcony, it becomes your secret garden. It's miracle how many faces can your balcony have just by using it properly. For example, my balcony has few purposes. First, it became storage when I bought shoe cabinet for hall that didn't fit (never buy furniture without measurement). Luckily, balcony was the right spot. Second, it's home for my plants. Because of that, atmosphere and decor here are connected with the change of seasons. And I love to feel that change so I made a really small but cozy and also useful chillin' area (third purpose). For bench I used a shelf that became surplus in our flat after we had to squeeze in a kinder bed. And because I wanted to make a intimate atmosphere where I decide when do I want to see my neighbors, I hang a cotton decorative curtain (instead of proper rods I used clothesline, it was easier to install).
So if you're lack with space you can turn it into multipurpose addition to your flat. Or if you have plenty of it, just enjoy the view!


My latest version; autumn 2012



I also use it to dry the plants for the tee I drink 

Hubby is having breakfast (summer)

Cherry tomatoes I grew

Summer mix 

I adore French balconies; there's always some flowers.


This balconies look like an artistic installation. I just love how French people take care about their balconies. (from my visit, June 2011.)
A great design by Christian Lessing. Suitable for small spaces

No comments:

Post a Comment