Friday, February 8, 2013

Who believe in angels?

I do. I believe they work very simple, if you are open to them. I hear it like a voice deep inside me.
Perhaps that was the voice all Croatia heard few days ago when one five years old girl, Nora, needed to collect more than half a million Euros to go to some special treatment in Philadelphia, USA. She had a week to do it. And due the all of us who donated as much as we could, she made it. Sad part is, unfortunately, that a lots of other children also wait for the similar thing. Sad part is that there are a lots of other sad stories, wars, hungers and violence happening around us.
But that does not give us the right to give up.This has to wake up our empathy.

Now you wondering why do I preach about this on home decor blog!?! Because I was in the same position as a child. I was six when the war started, my sister was 5 days old when we spent our first of many nights in the basement. To describe what we've been trough, no, I won't. But I felt the same feeling as the little girl. I wanted to live. And we had a help of beautiful people.

After you go trough all that, your life priorities became different from average, So when someone asks me how did 4 of us manage to live one year in the small apartment, that is suitable for one, I just smile.

And can you imagine how many people do live this minute without water, electricity, without enough food, under terror and in war areas. This is for all of them, from Egypt to Iraq, from mine to your neighborhood.

So keep dreaming about your perfect home, I sure do dream about mine perfect house, but in the middle, send your help, love, prayer or positive thoughts to those who need it.

Love,
Iva


2 comments: