Saturday, February 2, 2013

Keep it simple (part 2)


It's almost two months since I start implementing zen habits to my everyday life. (first part Keep it simple here) And as I promised, I'll write you about things I did to make my life easier and free from all unnecessary things that could potentially hold me back. But more important, I figured I want to implement some habits more than I had one to cut back.

The biggest thing is that I moved with my family to an apartment that is in the middle of our work and kindergarten area, because my maternity leave is over next Monday.  So this will save our time spent in traffic each day, plus now we're in bigger apartment  (60 square meters), that suits our needs just fine.  Great thing about moving is that you can go through all of your things while packing and ask your self what is really needed. Although I'm not a hamster type, there's always some things you can give away. I gave away my milk from coffee and instead of that I drink only pure black coffee again (real coffee not instant). And i must admit, these few things made my everyday life easier, lighter, airily...

But also, there are more things I implemented in my everyday life.   I figured, yes, you can do some of the steps to simplify your life, you can even go step further and turn it to a habit, but to be sincerely happy I figured that (for me) I need to implement some of the things I love. So I started to learn languages again cause my first step of italian and french faded (minimum 15 minutes each day can make a difference, believe me); I  started practice deep breathing; being more open to new people (and how many topics do I get from that!); keeping only what I find really worth keeping...

Like yin and yang, you ad some, take some. It's good as long as you are balanced, cause that's your zen. That was the story with my experience. I know it's a life time process but that's the beauty of it. 

Love,
Iva

No comments:

Post a Comment